I need it guys. By the gallon. Seriously.
I just asked a girl out to go to the Body World Exhibit up in Salt Lake.
I am so scared. It's not even funny. This is the first time I've officially asked a girl out since highschool. I am in very unfamiliar territory. I don't get how people can handle it. I don't really know this girl. She's in my singles branch. I've seen her maybe half a dozen times. But I was smitten.
I am feeling self anxiety welling up in me. I have until Friday to calm myself down. Please, please if you read my blog post something uplifting and positive in my comments. I really need any self esteem boost I can get. I am so scared right now. I just really badly want to impress her. I know I'm lame, hence the reason I'm freaking out right now. Argh!
I got lost alone in El Salvador. My Spanish was barely enough to get me home. I accidentally packed a machete in my carry on and had to talk to airport security and explain to them that I wasn't a terrorist. I was the source of paternal guidance to forty freshmen at BYU as an RA. I had to deal with police when one of the guys on my floor was caught stealing computers. I worked with mentally handicapped people who were all convicted felons. Men who I had to watch take their medication to make sure they didn't flip out. I have taken tests unprepared. I have procrastinated an entire semester's worth of work into the last week.
And I have never been as scared as I am right now. Scratch that. Calling her up was the scariest. Ugh. I feel unprepared and I am wholly worrisome. Help guys!
Again, any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, sigh.
===
Let's See If Anyone Still Checks Here...
11 years ago



5 comments:
Ooooooooohhhh! You're going to body worlds! That is so exciting I've totally been wanting to go... so if your date gets hit by a bus or catches pneumonia or something you know who to call ;) But Ryan. This is all you have to do: just bat your beautiful deep blue eyes at this young fox you have chosen and she will adore you until the end of time! And then come the baby foxes. Oh yay! Just don't pee your pants or anything and everything will be just fine :)
Oh. And the previous comment was left from:
Camille! #1 fan baby! :)
oh my goodnes, this post is adorable. RYAN you do not need to be scared! You'll be just fine! Remember that one time in high school after the stake dance when I needed to talk to someone and you talked to me until like 1 in the morning in the snow on the high school bleachers? You are so easy to talk to. seriously. plus, body worlds=AMAZING, you can't go wrong there. There's a fabulous indian food place right across the street from there. cheap, delicious, and very charming. highly recommended.
It's true--the whole dating thing is super stressful...just don't think too far ahead. I've learned that if I just focus on the next "mile-stone" and making the time between now and then as great as possible I do a lot better than I do if I try to view the "whole picture all at once." Example: When I start the day I have to tell myself "just make it to lunch." When I'm done with lunch I start telling myself "two more hours--just make it two more hours." That sort of thing. Just take it one step at a time. You'll be great--you always are.
ryan....there is only one thing that will work for me when i am feeling like you are now and that is to PRAY. pray a lot. pray for help. pray for what you want the outcome to be. pray with a sincere heart & in a humble way. pray that He'll take away these feelings so you can feel happiness.
pray ryan, just pray, pray, pray and then BELIEVE & HOPE. believe that He'll answer you prayer and know that by praying, you've turned it over to the Lord.
in my most fearful moments, i pray, i would still be scared, but it was a different scared. it becomes a peaceful scared.....there is peace in scary things and i feel that the only way to get there is through pray. we need to rely on prayer more. He wants to hear about ALL of it from us and He wants to help us with ALL of it.
love you ryan, i'll be praying with you too. i hope you have fun.
love, courtney
Post a Comment