Thursday, October 16, 2008

Music communicates emotion to young babies, says Study...










This picture can be found on the BYU homepage. It's citing a study that music can affect the mood of even very young children. I thought the picture too precious to pass up. It's very reminiscent of what Alex, Matt, and I would do to Roxy when she was the only grandkid.

I've found that as more and more of my siblings have children of their own they don't want to pick on our third generation of Nielsons. Pretty soon it will only be me and Ben terrorizing the younger generation.

Just a few years ago everyone except for Angel would gang up on Roxy. Especially during her fuzz-ball-hair-poof stage and the infamous "buhhhhbuhhhhbuhhhhbuhhhh" while squatting up and down near the fence.

But Roxy is getting all grown up. She's already baptized and she's got braces. Now it's a lot more enjoyable to have fun with her rather than at her expense. Roxy's a stud. Thanks to Angel, Roxy has become a total girly-girl. Thanks to her uncles she is as tough-as-stone throw a punch like the best of 'em girl. No matter what get's thrown at her she knows how to handle it. I just can't wait until I hear about Roxy punching one of her dates. That will be awesome!

This post is dedicated to the ultimate niece ever!


Roxy Then:





























Roxy Now:



















And Here's some Pictures of Alex in Undoubtably his most Awkward stage in life:

1 comment:

Court said...

I love those pictures! Roxy has always been so adorable and Alex looks his amazing self!...I love reading your posts! They are so much fun!