Monday, April 13, 2009

Uber Embarrassing

Last night I went for a walk. Not a jog. Just a walk. I ate way too much Easter dinner and if I were to have jogged, I would've probably died.

So I walked down to the high school track. It was late. The sun had gone down and you couldn't see anything. I had my headphones on and was listening to music. By the time I got to the actual track I was singing along with the music. Loud. Like at the top of my lungs as a praise to muses of the twilight sky. And it was not a good compilation of songs. Songs such as "Measure of a Man" by Clay Aiken, "Gracie" by Ben Folds, and "Sweet Caroline" as performed by David Archuleta. Songs that can make you loose friends faster than asking about their pit stains or feeling a need to show off your own.

I was about finished with my second lap of sauntering like Troy Bolton after a hard won home game, when I noticed a light. It was near the the south end of the football field and was situated on top of the big foam pads that the high jumpers land onto. As I neared I realized it was a laptop. And people were watching a movie on the laptop. I had walked past a group of people watching a move twice while singing at the top of my lungs.

As I neared this time, they turned to look at me and I heard some giggling.

I bolted. Perhaps not the best thing to do, but it was the thing I did. I sprinted out of there like it was the cool thing to do.

Yeah that sucked...


=====

4 comments:

Kasaundra said...

If I had been the one giggling I would have chased you as you walked away singing Mariah Carey's "Hero". That my friend, would have been the perfect ending to your story.

Lynzy and Keith said...

I love this story! I can see it happening. Please tell me you were doing a little dancing too?

Nielson News said...

Sorry you were embarrassed, but thanks for the laugh!!

Court said...

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololol
....lolololollolololololololololol....
lololololololol....sigh...oh love...only you!!!