I need to mention where I "work", otherwise the occasional radiating randomitities will not make sense. I have the best job in the world, hence why work is in quotation marks. I work with Chrysalis. For those of you who don't know it is an assisted living program for individuals with special needs. At my house there are three residents that we supervise and assist. They have jobs during the days, and live fairly normal lives. My job is to facilitate and help them so they can live even more normal and independent lives. The three guys I work with are all highly functioning. As I mentioned, they hold jobs, can cook their own meals, and do day to day things. None can drive, though, and need help with harder task such as shopping and keeping their expenses in line. Their judgement, though, is entirely lacking. I hang around and make sure they don't burn the house down, kill a neighbor's cat, or destroy furniture (which almost happened the other day). It's glorified babysitting, but it's MY glorified babysitting job.
No comments:
Post a Comment